The ultimate bacon grilled cheese.
Grilled cheese is easily my family’s favorite sandwich. It goes good with almost everything, and especially a cup of warm tomato soup during these cool winter months. To make this treat a little more savory, we’ve started adding bacon. This one is made on sourdough bread and makes a wonderful, hearty sandwich for those these cold temperatures.
3 slices of bacon (per sandwich)
2 slices of sourdough bread, (per sandwich)
A few pads of real butter.
2 slices of your favorite cheese singles
- Cook the bacon in the oven at 400 on a baking sheet until it is almost crisp. Drain it on a paper towel.
- Put the cheese slices on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat some butter in a pan and place bread slices with the cheese side up.
- Add the bacon on top of the cheese and close the sandwich.
- Cook each side of the sandwich, flipping with s spatula until each side is golden.
- Add more butter if necessary during this process.
- Serve with chips, tomato soup, or alongside another bacon grilled cheese.