If you want a quick little burner to get your muscles ready for the ultimate mosh, give this workout a try.
Here is how to get started:
1. Crank up your Eulogy EP. If you don’t own it on vinyl like a true hardcore kid, give it a listen here: http://flatspotrecords.bandcamp.com/album/fsr13-s-t-ep
2. I said to crank it up, not a moderate listening level, we are working out here.
3. Grab your Kettlebell, and take off your shoes. All workouts are 100 times more awesome shoeless.
4. Start off with 50 High Pulls. Break em down in to however you can do em, 5 sets of ten, two sets of 25, just crank out that 50.
5. Bust through 50 Kettlebell Swings. Swing em nice and hard. Use your hips, never your back!
6. Knock out 50 Goblet squats. As they say, make those squats “ass to grass.” Nice and low. Break em up however you have to just to get em done.
7. 50 overhead presses are next on the list. Feel the burn, I hope you are in the middle of a mosh part.
8. Crush 50 bent over rows, 25 per side. “Grunt” if you have to. Terrify your neighbors with your inner beast.
9. Whip out a quick 50 pushups. This is considered your “cool down.” Hopefully you’ve made good time. If you listened to the EP more than you’d have liked…make better time next session. I can do this workout and only hear “Pummel” twice.
10. Delight in your workout. You might notice that you did 300 reps of exercise. That is because “300” is the best movie ever, and Sergio of The Eulogy is the hardcore version of Leonidas.